Giraffe Class 2022-2023
Welcome to the Giraffe Class Page.
On this page you will be able to find out what we have been learning in school. This term our driver for learning is “Monarchy”. We will be learning about:
- Castles as a home and how they have changed over time.
- Where Castles were built and how that helped to protect the kingdom.
- The lives and achievements of Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Victoria
- Comparing the lives and achievements of Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Victoria
- King Charles III and the changes we will see as a result of his accession to the throne.
Our P.E. day is Friday and Forest School is on a Thursday afternoon. Please remember to bring in named clothing and footwear for these activities.
Curriculum evening presentation
This week, we experienced something strange in Giraffe class. After the golden mile, we found a strange mess in our classroom. We were all very confused and annoyed that someone made such a mess and left it. We made predictions about who we thought made the mess but it was not who we thought it was. It turns out it was Billy and Fatcat from the book ‘Billy and the Dragon’. In another lesson, we hot seated Billy and Fatcat so we could infer their emotions.
We had an excellent first week in Year 2, focusing on our Belonging Week. We found out more about democracy and it’s importance. This lead to us holding our own election to vote for our school council members. Over the week, thought about how exiting it is to be a part of the Marnel school community.